I've said it once and I'll say it again- roasting is the easiest way to cook something for yourself. You put it in the oven and chill until your timer goes off.
Winter Squash is beautiful and looks very sophisticated even though it's a low maintenance side dish.
Winter squash with maple dressing
1. 3 winter squash
2. olive oil
5. Maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut the squash in half
3. Scoop out the inside pulp and seeds
4. Drizzle and spread olive oil inside and sprinkle a dash of salt and pepper on each side
5. Put the squash on a baking sheet or aluminum foil
6. After 40 minutes, take a fork and see if the flesh of the squash is soft; if still not tender keep in the oven and check every five minutes
7. Mix two tablespoon of maple syrup with one table spoon of olive oil and 1/2 a tablespoon of mustard. Mix and add ingredients to taste