Recipie: Breaded Chicken
Servings: 2 (one piece per person)
2 pieces of chicken breast
1/2 cup of bread crumbs (I am using seasoned, but I just picked the cheapest ones at the store)
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of oil
1. One piece at a time, take your washed chicken and dunk it into the flour that should be laid out on a plate so both sides are coated
2. Take your egg and scramble it and pour it out on a flat plate
3. Take the floured chicken and dunk it into the egg (both sides)
4. Then take the eggy-floured chicken and smother it with bread crumbs (also should be laid out on the plate)
5. Now take the oil and put it in a pan and set the stove to medium heat
6. Once pan is hot, place your chicken; cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned
7. Take your chicken out and its ready to be used with pasta, a salad, or alone with some sides. In the video, Aldo uses the chicken to make an extraordinarily good sandwich.
TIP: You can make these in huge batches and freeze in a freezer bag. This way you cook once and can have a bunch saved for quick meals.
Chicken Parm Sandwich
1. Take your bread and spread tomato sauce (marinara sauce) on both sides- the sauce can be store bought but try to get a better quality one (but this won't make or break a sandwich)
2. Add mozzarella and your breaded chicken (if the chicken isn't heated up then go ahead and put it in the microwave for 1 minute)
TIP: If you like your sandwich really warm then either place on your pan (or a panini press if by some chance you have one). Or throw your sauce and cheese in the microwave.